MasterCraft is proud to announce that its President, Brad Shee, has earned the distinction of a Florida Certified Master Builder (FCMB), reserved only for elite Home Builders, Remodelers and Commercial Contractors. Shee’s designation as a certified master homebuilder continues MasterCraft’s relentless pursuit to provide clients with Higher Standards, a distinction from other homebuilders that use inferior materials and cookie-cutter designs.
What is the FCMB?
Florida Certified Master Builder was created to help consumers find a builder they can trust. Elite homebuilders like Shee who earn the FCMB certification go well beyond what is required by the State of Florida for licensure. While the State of Florida touts the difficulty with which to obtain and maintain a contractor’s license, FCMB recognizes it is not enough for elite homebuilders like Shee to stand out amongst the crowd.
Florida Certified Master Builders must meet strict requirements and demonstrate a proven track record of building expertise, business stability, integrity and exceptional customer service. Their education, design and product research requirements keep them in tune with the latest building practices and design trends.
Why Hire a Florida Certified Master Builder
When consumers want to know who they can trust to build their new home, hiring a homebuilder with the designation of a Florida Certified Master Builder provides the highest level of confidence possible. Consumers view Florida Certified Master Builders as:
- Highly skilled professionals.
- Reliable and ethical individuals.
- Current on the latest trends and techniques.
- Someone who takes pride in their work.
- More knowledgeable than other builders.
Florida Certified Master Builders Qualifications
Florida Certified Master Builders must:
- Have at least 7 years of work experience in the construction industry or hold a Bachelor’s Degree in the construction field.
- Have held a contractor license for at least 5 years.
- Have a clean building record defined as no outstanding issues with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB) or the applicant’s local building jurisdiction.
- Pass a reference check with a client satisfaction rating of 4 or better out of a scale of 1-5, where 5 is the highest satisfaction rating.
- Offer clients a written contract on all building and remodeling projects with standard dispute resolution and disclaimer language.
- Be a member in good standing of a professional builders association (3 years minimum.
- Provide proof of workers comp and liability insurance.
- Issue a minimum of a 1-year written Home Warranty on all newly constructed projects.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Have a credit rating of 700 or better.
- Pass a subcontractor and supplier reference check.
- Derive their principle income from the building industry.
- Submit a Florida Certified Master Builder Application detailing their experience in the construction industry.
- Sign a Florida Certified Master Builder Agreement indicating their continued compliance with all Florida Certified Master Builder requirements and standard.
- Be vetted and approved by the Florida Master Builder Certification Board.
MasterCraft Earns More Honors
In addition to Brad Shee’s distinction as an elite homebuilder, MasterCraft is also proud of many other recent honors and awards including: